Thursday 11 September 2014

August Haul ft. Forever 21, H&M and moreeeee

 
I shall warn you beforehand that this August haul is kinda funky because there's no real theme to it. Being the end of summer and transition to fall, I've been buying both summer and warmer fall clothing to bring with me to test out England's reputable cold weather for the first time (Basically my excuse for excessively shopping). Also, if you see an abundance of striped clothing...it has something to do with my (not so) slight obsession with stripes. 


  Oh and, a quick sideish note on some amazing deals that are going on:


ASOS - 25% off for students (Code: YAYSTUDENT)
Forever 21 - Extra 30% off sale times (Code: EXTRA30)
Motel Rocks - 20% off Back to Work styles (Code: WERKIT20)
Missguided - 15% off shoes (Code: SHOE15)
Fragrance Direct - Up to 85% off end of season sale


  Oh and, some items have two prices because I found them on both the US and UK sites for readers' convenience (:



Basic V Neck Tee (£3.00 / US$3.80)// Basic V Neck Tee (£3.00 / US$3.80) // Stripe V Neck Tee (£6.00 // US$7.80)

  All from Forever 21. I thought I'd invest in some basic tees because you can never go wrong with them and they go with anything - super versatile. I went for a Size M because I like it more over-sized instead of fitted. Also, I find that Forever 21 has some of the best basic tops because THEY ARE SO SOFT. Yes, the excessive capitalisation is justified. Trust me on this, the material (albeit rather thin, but doesn't expose undergarments though) is the softest thing ever. I love touching wearing their tops.  


Sweet Stripe Halter Crop Top (£3.99) // Shadow Stripe Crop Top (£6.50US$8.80)

  Both crop tops from Forever 21. Got a few crop tops too. The striped halter on the left is my favourite because firstly, it's stripes and secondly, it's high neck and sort of racer back which I think flatters my broad shoulders. However, I'm having trouble finding a bra to wear with it :P I got the one on the right because it's really unique. The pattern is striped mesh (if that makes sense) so you will have to wear like a bandeau like thing under. But I think it's good because you can go subtle with black and white or more 'out there' with neon colours or crazy prints. But, what I dislike is that the material is not that stretchy :/


unbranded // F21 Tropical Floral Skater Dress (£9.50 / US$12.80) // unbranded

Left: There were actually a few colours of this dress, but for fear of becoming 'mainstream', I decided not to go with the safe choice of black, but instead, chose this neon pink which admittedly, makes it less wearable. I think this could be great in the summer with a denim jacket to retract from the neon-ness and if there's a neon party or something, I am covered :P

Middle: Apologies for the absolutely crap picture quality of this one. It's actually a gorgeous navy blue and cream floral printed dress. The length of it is perfect for my petite frame and I especially like the fit and flare style because it compliments my body shape!

Right: Can you believe that this is the first maxi dress I own? Well, apart from my graduation dress. I wanted something day time appropriate so this grey, flowy casual one is perfect. I thought that the slight frill at the top stops it from looking dull and is a really nice touch! I can wear this in the summer with a denim jacket and sandals, or even in fall with a nice trench coat and tights underneath! Everyone needs a basic maxi.


Keith Haring Cropped Tee (US$8.99) // unbranded // Kitten Graphic Muscle Tee (US$12.80) // Heathered Muscle Tee (£7.25US$8.80)

  All, apart from the 'SaiGon' tee is from Forever 21. This summer has been the summer of muscle tees for me when previously, I tend to shy away from them. Yet lately, I've been loving the effortless, semi-grunge look so I'll definitely be adding more to my collection. Forever 21 has seriously some of the best ones with different prints. You've probably seen that Keith Haring muscle tee and my declaration of love for it in my latest outfit post. I loveee it so check my outfit post for explanation as to why and a brief trip down memory lane.


  You can't see clearly, but the words around the kitten actually says, "Are You Kitten Me Right Meow?". Despite not being a huge fan of cats, I found the saying really funny and hey, I can stand a kool kat with sunglasses.


  The 'SaiGon' tee I got as a 'souvenir' for myself because I'm leaving this lovely city in about 2 weeks and won't be returning for a long while :( It's one of those tops that tourists usually buy when they visit.



Both H&M

  Both of these tops are some of my absolute favourites. Apart from them both being stripes, you can't tell from the pictures, but both tops are actually shimmery with bits of glitter in them which I thought was so cool. A little bit of shimmer and glitter automatically makes a top night time appropriate! Seriously, the pictures do those tops no justice at all. For example, the one of the left is actually a gorgeous top with gold shimmer and white stripes. I actually got that one first, and then saw that they did the same style in greyscale gradient...and yea, you can guess what happened :P


Both unbranded

  These kind of crop tops are among my favourite styles because I just find them more flattering. Lately, I've been loving the deep burgundy shade which is also perfect for fall! I actually haven't got round to wearing the one on the left yet because although I absolutely love it, I need to pair it with something more plain and simple on the bottom due to the intricate print (just look at that.)


Cotton On // unbranded

   The bright cobalt blue shade of the top on the left was what attracted me to it because I don't have a shade like it! Also, I'm kinda liking high neck tops at the moment. The one on the right was a rather impulse buy and it has really really really low arm holes which I would normally like, but the top section doesn't really cover the entire chest area...so I will have to figure out a more creative way to wear this :P


F21 Solid Raglan Sweater (£9 / US$12.80) // H&M // F21 Sheer Marled Knit Sweater (£13.50 US$17.80)


F21 Slouchy Knit Sweater (£9 / US$13.80) // F21 Marled Knit Sweater (£12US$15.80) // H&M

Not going to say much apart from the fact that these are the result of my sweater haul! Ahhh, I absolutely can't wait to snuggle up in them :')



both unbranded

  I like to call these my 'no pants-pants' because whenever I wear them, they are the comfiest thing on Earth that it legit feels like I'm not wearing any pants! I wear these to bed, around the house...and will even wear them out if it doesn't look like I just went out in pajamas. Bottom line: comfiest things ever. Oh and, the one on the right is also called my 'batman pants' ;)



unbranded

  The famous Zara dupe skort which I found at the flea market! I got a white one from boohoo.com, but decided I needed a black too. I actually prefer the material of this one than Boohoo's, especially since it has the concealed zip and is slightly elasticated. But do you know what scored the major brownie points? It has pockets. Which annoyingly, the boohoo one didn't! Retailers should know by now that clothes with (functional) pockets are lifesavers.



Hope you guys liked my massive haul! Have you started shopping for the colder months?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10